Printing a document using Windows version 10 or 11 is quite simple and easy. But there might be some errors that can hurdle the process at times. One of these errors is the error 0x0000011b. In this article, we will provide ways to fix error 0x0000011b for easy and efficient printing.
Printing has become a very common thing. It only requires a few simple steps such as opening the document that requires to be printed, clicking on the print option, or using the print command that is ctrl+P. But there are several types of errors that may prohibit printing.
Error 0x0000011b restricts the connection between the computer and the printer, therefore hindering the process. However, there are ways to fix the error without much hassle which include uninstalling the latest updates, reconnecting the printer to the computer manually, and others.
- 1 Uninstalling the latest updates of the Windows
- 1.1 Manually adding the Printer
- 1.2 Disabling RPC Encryption
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions-
- 1.4 Can delete recent updates on Windows 11 resolve error 11b?
- 1.5 What can be done in case error 11b continues to occur after the uninstallation of the recent updates?
- 1.6 Does disabling automatic encryption of RPC print spooler resolve error 0x0000011b?
Uninstalling the latest updates of the Windows
New updates on Windows 11 may lead to error 0x0000011b in some cases. For instance, KB5005568 and KB5005565 are two programs that on their uninstallation can fix error 0x0000011b. Therefore, if the problem has started after updating the Windows, there are chances that the problem may be solved by uninstalling the latest updates. To uninstall the latest updates, follow the steps below-
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select the option “Uninstall a program”.
- Next, click on the option “View installed updates”.
- Uninstall the latest updates by selecting the update and clicking on the “Uninstall” button.
A command prompt can also be used to uninstall the latest updates from the computer. For this-
- Click on the “search” button.
- Type “cmd” on the search box.
- Right-click over the command prompt and click on the “Run as administrator” option from “Context”.
- Run the command “wusa/uninstall/kb:” followed by the number of the KB. For example, if the KB number is KB5005568, the command will be wusa/uninstall/kb:KB505568.
Once the updates have been deleted, recheck the connection between the computer and the printer if error 0x0000011b has resolved. It is necessary to disable the auto-update option as Windows automatically download and install the latest updates during booting or restarting after the uninstallation, therefore, the problem may not solve as the updates will be re-installed. However, if the problem persists after disabling the auto-update, reinstalling the printer manually through its IP address may solve it.
Manually adding the Printer
The printer can be reinstalled to the computer manually using its IP address to fix the error 0x0000011b. The steps to reinstall the printer are given below-
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the option “Bluetooth & Devices”.
- Choose the option “Printers & Scanners”.
- Click on “Add Device” to add the printer.
- Click on the option that means the printer is not listed.
- Click on the options to use IP/TCP address or hostname for adding the printer.
- Follow the details and steps provided on the screen and provide the IP address of the required printer manually.
- After following all the steps, click on “Next”. The printer will be added manually to the computer.
- For checking if the printer is connected and is properly functioning, a test sheet can be printed.
If error 0x0000011b persists after following all the steps provided below, it may be solved by disabling the RPC encryption.
Disabling RPC Encryption
It is recommended by Microsoft to disable the print spooler encryption in the privacy settings on the Print as well as the Client-Server for resolving error 0x0000011b. Windows are programmed to encrypt the RPC connections automatically with both the print servers and the network printers. However, it may be restricted by disabling this option. Automatic encryption occurs when RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled Registry Value is 1 which is required to set to 0 to fix error 0x0000011b. The steps for the same are discussed below-
- Open the program “Registry Editor”.
- Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Print.
- From Context menu, click on New DWORD-32bit after right clicking on Print.
- Give a name to the newly set key RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled.
- The value of the new key can be changed by double clicking on it.
- After finishing, restart windows to check if error 0x0000011b persists.
In this article, we have discussed the ways in which error 0x0000011b can be resolved to print efficiently. To resolve the problem, uninstalling the latest updates on Windows works for most. However, if the problem persists, the printer can be reinstalled to the computer manually through the TCP/IP address.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Can delete recent updates on Windows 11 resolve error 11b?
Yes, it may resolve error 0x0000011b in some cases.
What can be done in case error 11b continues to occur after the uninstallation of the recent updates?
Error 11b may be solved by reinstalling the printer manually or altering the registry value of the RPC in case the installation of the new updates does not work.
Does disabling automatic encryption of RPC print spooler resolve error 0x0000011b?
Disabling automatic encryption after altering the registry value may resolve error 11b.
In case the error 0x0000011b still occurs, changing the RPC encryption value can be helpful to resolve it. Therefore, error 0x0000011b can be fixed by following the above steps easily and in a hassle-free manner to continue printing.